An American Airlines IT director was fatally shot last year while out on a stroll with his wife.
On Wednesday, authorities in Dallas announced her arrest in connection with the murder, according to reports.
Jennifer Faith was arrested on obstruction of justice allegations a month after her ex-boyfriend, Darrin Lopez, was arrested in the Oct. 9 killing of James Faith, FOX 4 in Dallas reported. Police said Lopez drove from his home in Tennessee to Dallas to carry out the murder.
Jennifer Faith, 48, allegedly told police earlier that she couldn’t identify the shooter because he approached them from behind and wore a face mask.
Investigators later alleged that she and Lopez were involved in a “full-blown emotional affair,” as she put it to a friend, and were exchanging hundreds of texts a day, according to information obtained from a search warrant, according to FOX 4.
She and Lopez allegedly discussed how they could be together in five years in their 14,000 texts in the month that included the murder, but suddenly stopped texting the day of the shooting and resumed a day later.
Jennifer Faith continued to text Lopez even after she told a friend she had stopped the affair because it “hurt” her husband.
Jennifer Faith was booked into the Dallas County jail Wednesday, according to the Dallas Morning News. Lopez is also being held in the Dallas County jail with bail set at $1 million, the Dallas Morning News reported.
Her attorney, Toby Shook, didn’t comment on the arrest but previously said that she is innocent.
“Jennifer was devastated by the murder of her husband. She has cooperated with the police the past three months and met with them on numerous occasions and answered all their questions,” he told WFAA-TV in Dallas.
Soon after her husband’s killing, she told FOX 4 it was hard not knowing why he was killed. She pleaded for her husband’s killer to turn himself in. “It’s been horrible, devastating. I teeter between being heartbroken and completely devastated. Every day has been awful,” she said at the time. The couple had been married for 15 years.
- [LLODO] San Antonio police shoot, kill gunman at airport terminal
- [LLODO] Texas House moves forward with no-permit carry bill
- [LLODO] Suspect captured in shooting of Texas police officer during traffic stop
- [LLODO] San Antonio airport on lockdown, police confirm shooting
- [LLODO] Texas dad drowns while saving two sons from riptide: ‘My soul has been ripped from my body,’ wife says
- [LLODO] Texas police officer shot multiple times during traffic stop
- [LLODO] Texas Rep. Kevin Brady, top Republican on powerful Ways and Means committee, to retire from Congress
- [LLODO] Texas Gov. Abbott warns border woes ‘will get worse,’ points to ‘bipartisan response’ to Biden admin
- [LLODO] Texas Gov. Abbott sends letter to VP Harris demanding migrant facility shutdown