The Charles County Sheriff’s Office said police found two people dead inside their home in Waldorf on Friday. Police said they found evidence that the woman had shot her husband and then herself.
Authorities identified the couple as Christina Lynn Francis, 41, and Timothy Eugene Francis, 50.
News outlets said Timothy Francis was a veteran detective for the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, D.C.
“Mourning the tragic loss of our colleague and friend is extremely difficult,” MPD Chief Peter Newsham said in a statement, according to WTOP. “Detective Francis spent two decades protecting the community from violence, and to learn that he was the victim of a homicide is heartbreaking.”
Frank Miles is a reporter and editor covering geopolitics, military, crime, technology and sports for FoxNews.com. His email is Frank.Miles@foxnews.com.
- [LLODO] Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan tweets photo after skin cancer removal: ‘No pain, no gain’
- [LLODO] Maryland man wearing company ID badge in Capitol arrested, banned from DC
- [LLODO] Maryland deputy pulls over car, meets father and son driving ‘Flag Called Freedom’ across US
- [LLODO] Maryland prosecutors rule out charges against cops in death of Boogaloo ‘martyr’ Duncan Lemp
- [LLODO] Maryland may repeal state song, a Confederate call to arms
- [LLODO] Baltimore building explosion injures 23, traps workers
- [LLODO] Baltimore police shot at while sitting in unmarked surveillance vehicle; suspect fatally wounded: officials