“Ron always fought for the people and conservative values of the 6th District,” Susan Wright said in a statement. “I’m asking the voters of Ellis, Navarro and Tarrant Counties to help me continue the fight for stronger borders, lower taxes and the precious right to life in Washington.”
Wright’s office announced at the time that Susan Wright had also been hospitalized with COVID-19 and was “by his side” when the congressman passed at age 67.
Wright was the first sitting member to die after testing positive for coronavirus. He had represented Texas’ 6th Congressional District since 2019.
On Wednesday, Susan Wright touted her experience as district director for two Texas state lawmakers and a member of the State Repubican Executive Committee.
“The taxpayers of the 6th District deserve a proven conservative in Congress who will stand up for them and do whatever it takes to stop the radical left’s socialist government takeover,” Susan Wright said. “I’m running for Congress to continue my husband’s legacy by supporting economic growth, reforming our broken health care system and defending Texas conservative values.”
Rep.-elect Luke Letlow, R-La., died after contracting coronavirus at the age of 41 in December before he could take office. Letlow’s widow Julia Letlow announced in January that she’s running in the special election to replace him.
- [LLODO] Trump endorses Mo Brooks in Alabama Senate race
- [LLODO] Meet the NY Republican who aims to defeat House Democrats’ reelection chair
- [LLODO] Republican group spotlights state rules that make it ‘easier to vote and harder to cheat’
- [LLODO] Rick Scott stops in Iowa for midterm election mission that could set him up for 2024
- [LLODO] John James’ new mission: Help fellow Republicans in upcoming elections
- [LLODO] New Jersey expands early voting amid voter access battle
- [LLODO] Julia Letlow, widow of Louisiana congressman-elect, wins special election to succeed him
- [LLODO] Georgia secretary of state urges Pelosi, Democrats to uphold certified Iowa election result
- [LLODO] Pompeo trip to Iowa likely to spark 2024 speculation