There were six people shot on Saturday morning in the city’s Auburn Gresham, according to ABC7Chicago.
The report said an unidentified gunman opened fire into a crowd at about 2:15 a.m.Darryl Martin, a witness of the shooting, told the station that it was a “conversation with bullets; people were shooting it out.”
Last week, NBC Chicago reported that the city was on pace to eclipse 700 homicides and is experiencing a year where gun violence has surged by 50% as compared to 2019.
The report said that the city has already had more murders than in 2016, a violent year. The report pointed out that in April, one of the goals of the city’s police force was to keep the number of homicides below 300.
- [LLODO] Chicago-area shooting outside UPS facility leaves 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide, police say
- [LLODO] Chicago gunman who allegedly killed 3, wounded 4, posted bizarre videos before rampage: reports
- [LLODO] Chicago mayor, police union leader clash over defense of Capitol rioters
- [LLODO] Dozens shot in Chicago, 5 murdered over holiday weekend
- [LLODO] Illinois man chases down stolen vehicle overnight; two teens shot, one killed in parking lot struggle
- [LLODO] Chicago schools push forward with reopening plan despite teachers union, city council objections
- [LLODO] Chicago Teachers Union leader under fire for pushing remote schooling while vacationing in Caribbean
- [LLODO] Chicago mayor meets with victim of botched, ‘unacceptable’ police raid
- [LLODO] Emails show Chicago mayor knew of ‘bad’ botched raid in November 2019