Dustin Allen Bushnell, 30, of Burbank, was arrested Tuesday on a charge of possession of stolen property, Pasco Police said in a press release.
Detective Julie Lee had been investigating reports of stolen catalytic converters late last month, and that case led her to the home of Bushnell.
Lee, with the help of other detectives, executed a search warrant of Bushnell’s home and found a “gigantic slide” (as well as catalytic converters), police said.
The slide had been taken from a playground in December, police said. The slide had been repainted, sawed off at the top and mounted to a bunk bed.
Pasco Police arrived on the scene and recovered the slide. Bushnell was arrested and booked into the Walla Walla County Jail on a charge of possessing stolen property. He has not yet been charged with stealing catalytic converters.
An investigation is ongoing.
- [LLODO] Washington state sheriff’s deputy stabbed in neck, shoots suspect: report
- [LLODO] Washington hiker stabs mountain biker over trail dispute, sheriff says; attorney argues self-defense
- [LLODO] Washington hiker stabs mountain biker over trail dispute, sheriff says
- [LLODO] Seattle to spend $5 Million of ‘COVID relief’ on fighting anti-Asian bias
- [LLODO] Washington state driver fires gun inside vehicle, striking himself and passenger; taken into custody: report