Donald Lambert, Jr., who served as the department’s captain of special operations, was pronounced dead at the scene.
“We are deeply saddened at the tragic and untimely loss of Capt. Lambert,” Henrico Police Chief Eric English said Saturday.
“He was a selfless leader, mentor and friend who served our community with pride and dedication for nearly 34 years. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, colleagues and friends.”
The suspect in the hit-and-run is still at large. Anyone with any information should call the Henrico Police Department at 804-501-5000 or Crime Stoppers at 804-780-1000.
- [LLODO] Utah deputies shot in the head during shootout outside jail
- [LLODO] Former Iowa sheriff candidate accused of murdering police sergeant following tense standoff
- [LLODO] Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan vetoes 3 police reform measures
- [LLODO] ICE deports convicted felon tied to 1985 murder of DEA Special Agent Enrique ‘Kiki’ Camarena Salazar
- [LLODO] New Mexico becomes 3rd state to abolish qualified immunity for police officers
- [LLODO] Federal lawsuit alleges racist brutality by Rochester police
- [LLODO] Chauvin trial: Minneapolis police chief testifies, ER doc theorizes that lack of oxygen stopped Floyd’s heart
- [LLODO] Georgia police officer struck by DUI suspect during traffic stop, police say
- [LLODO] Fallen Capitol Police officer: Who is William ‘Billy’ Evans, remembered as ‘All-American kid,’ dedicated dad?