One of the deceased was killed by police and the other was killed in a separate shooting, according to WVEC-TV Norfolk reporter Ali Weatherton.
An officer was also hit by a car but is expected to survive, Weatherton tweeted.
“What you can see is we have a very chaotic incident, a very chaotic night in the Beach,” Police Chief Paul Neudigate said, according to WAVY-TV in Virginia Beach. “Many different crime scenes.”
Several people are reportedly in custody being questioned by police.
Shortly after 1 a.m. ET Saturday, Virginia Beach police tweeted that “several victims” had “possibly life-threatening injuries.”
Multiple people were taken to a hospital, Virginia Beach EMS said, according to WAVY.
The original shooting happened around 11 p.m. ET at 20th and Atlantic, police said. Then shots were fired at 20th and Pacific, leading to a person being fatally shot by officers. The second victim who died was part of a separate shooting from the first two, police said.
A WVEX-TV reporter at the scene of one of the shootings tweeted she heard a police officer say, “This is bad.”
- [LLODO] Virginia teacher says critical race theory has damaged community as frustrated parents demand changes
- [LLODO] CDC investigating death possibly connected to Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- [LLODO] Virginia AG launches civil rights probe after Black Army medic pepper-sprayed by police
- [LLODO] Virginia parents group launches PAC to unseat school board members over reopening, race controversies
- [LLODO] Virginia governor candidate boosts down-ballot Republicans with PAC money, says state ‘ready for a new day’
- [LLODO] Justin Fairfax accuses former Ex-Virginia governor McAuliffe of treating him like George Floyd
- [LLODO] New York man drinks too much tequila, mistakes counterterrorism center for hotel
- [LLODO] Deer bolts through Virginia school bus windshield, crashes into sleeping student in surveillance video
- [LLODO] Charlottesville can remove Confederate statues, Virginia’s highest court rules