University of Washington students pushing for the removal of the campus’ George Washington statue is one of many instances of college students targeting the United States’ founding father, Campus Reform correspondent Justin Brascher said on Tuesday.
“This is just another further example of how we as a society cannot seem to separate the good that somebody has done from the evil. This particular petition was brought forth by one of the student unions on campus and has actually been adopted by the school newspaper,” Brascher told “Fox & Friends.”
Brascher said that the school newspaper “is calling for the removal of the statue,” which began when a “petition was filed in August last year.”
“It is really just unfortunate to see this sort of attitude towards our founding fathers,” Brascher said.
Brascher was referring to students on the University of Washington’s campus calling for the removal of the campus’ George Washington statue.
“The list, in part, focused on policing practices, diversity requirements, expanding mental health resources, hiring more Black faculty and removing the George Washington statue,” KING 5 Media Group reported.
Brascher said the push to remove George Washington statues is a phenomenon occurring at universities across the country.
“The Leadership Institute’s campus reform blog has been documenting this. You saw this at another school named after George Washington, George Washington University,” Brascher said.
“A bust of him was toppled there over the summer. You saw at Washington and Lee University there was a petition to get the pictures taken off of the diploma of Washington and Lee. So this is not just some Seattle thing just happening here.”
- [LLODO] Mother of murdered sisters rips Los Angeles DA Gascón’s liberal policies: ‘He was very cold-hearted’
- [LLODO] Gov. DeSantis: ‘Corporate media’ was proven wrong on Florida’s reopening
- [LLODO] John James: School closures perpetuate ‘most racially divided educational system’ since Jim Crow era
- [LLODO] Domestic violence survivor warns of dangers of ending cash bail in powerful interview with Dana Perino
- [LLODO] Joe Concha calls out complete media silence on Gov. Cuomo’s alleged sexual misconduct
- [LLODO] Green New Deal would have left many more Texans in the dark: Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick
- [LLODO] High school track athlete ‘disappointed’ after Biden DOJ drops support of challenge to transgender policy
- [LLODO] Ingraham: Democrats making ‘huge mistakes’ by ‘vilifying’ Manchin, propping up Neera Tanden
- [LLODO] ‘How the mighty have fallen’: Geraldo Rivera, Deroy Murdock rail against scandal-ridden Andrew Cuomo