Former President Trump is scheduled to make his first public appearance since leaving office at the 2021 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) next weekend, and Lara Trump shared her expectations for the message he’ll share.
“I think one of the things we’re going to hear from him is ‘thank you,’” Trump’s daughter in law told “Justice with Judge Jeanine” Saturday night.
The former Trump campaign senior adviser said the “outpouring” of support for the former president, including spontaneous parades in Florida, has been “so incredible.” She explained that these supporters simply love America and want to thank “their president” Donald Trump — so they deserve a “thanks” in return.
“He’ll probably have a big thank you to those folks,” Lara Trump said.
Trump mentioned that the former president has been advising his followers to stay tuned and even alluded to the possibility of running for office again in 2024.
“He is the head of the Republican Party,” she said. “He is really the person that everyone will continue to turn to in order to help them get across the line… This man has changed politics and he has changed our party.”
CPAC, which traditionally takes place in Maryland just outside of Washington D.C., will be held this year in Orlando, Fla. Trump is expected to address the conference on Feb. 28, sources told Fox News.
Trump is also expected to address concerns with President Biden’s policies and map out the future of the Republican Party.
Fox News’ Marisa Schultz contributed to this report.
- [LLODO] Ohio Rep. Davidson considering run for Senate or governor, urges GOP to ‘pick a side’ on internal divide
- [LLODO] Trump to speak at CPAC in first major address since leaving office, as GOP searches for path forward
- [LLODO] CPAC 2021 in full swing, with Mike Pompeo, Kristi Noem among the speakers
- [LLODO] Nunes says Newsom recall in California has good chance when ‘left starts eating their own’
- [LLODO] Blackburn says conservatives need to ‘get busy’ ahead of 2022 midterms, calls for tough stance on China
- [LLODO] NJ gym owner targeted by Murphy shutdown orders slams ‘massive double standard’ at CPAC
- [LLODO] Ohio’s GOP Senate hopeful Josh Mandel blasts cancel culture, takes aim at ‘radical elitist’ Silicon Valley
- [LLODO] Ric Grenell won’t rule out run for California governor amid Newsom recall, says GOP can win
- [LLODO] Scott Walker at CPAC says ‘America is under siege’ on campuses, in culture