A train collided with an 18-wheeler outside Cameron, Texas, on Tuesday morning, according to local reports.
Both the train conductor and truck driver survived the crash without major injuries, local news outlet KXXV reported.
The train was carrying petroleum, and the collision created a large explosion, though it is not a hazmat situation, according to the outlet.
Police are evacuating nearby houses and telling people in the area to avoid Highway 90.
This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.
- [LLODO] Biden administration converting Texas migrant centers to rapidly release detained families in 72 hours or less
- [LLODO] Texas beefs up border crackdown to stop human and drug smuggling
- [LLODO] Fired Texas electric grid chief refuses $800,000 severance package
- [LLODO] South Texas community seeing spike in car chases involving undocumented immigrants
- [LLODO] Biden says Texas and Mississippi guilty of ‘Neanderthal thinking’ over lifting COVID restrictions
- [LLODO] Biden says Texas and Mississippi over lifting COVID restrictions, guilty of ‘Neanderthal thinking’
- [LLODO] Newsom blasts Abbott for removing Texas mask mandate: ‘Absolutely reckless’
- [LLODO] Newsom blasts Abbott for reopening Texas: ‘Absolutely reckless’
- [LLODO] Texas parents reunited with quadruplets after ice storm kept them apart for 8 days