As America prepares for the Thanksgiving holiday, this is what the weather holds in store.
With America battling the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC and Dr. Anthony Fauci have advised Americans to avoid Thanksgiving travel. However, the TSA has already noted significant numbers of airport passengers.
On Tuesday 912,090 travelers passed through TSA checkpoints, according to data released by the agency. While this number was down from 2,435,170 on the same day last year, it highlighted the number of people undertaking Thanksgiving travel. Sunday, with more than 1 million passengers, saw the highest number of travelers passing through TSA checkpoints since Oct. 18 and only the second time that more than 1 million travelers have been recorded since March 16, 2020.
Fox News Senior Meteorologist Janice Dean said Wednesday that the U.S. is not dealing with a severe weather outbreak or major disruptive travel event this week.
“An area of low pressure moving into the Mississippi Valley will bring some rain and thunderstorms, some of which could reach severe limits with the risk of strong winds and hail,” she said. “This system will then push across the East Coast on Thanksgiving. Light snow will fall over parts of New England.”
“The Northwest will see rain and mountain snow today with a bit of a break on Thanksgiving,” Dean added. “Much of the country will enjoy milder than average temperatures with no major cold outbreaks through the weekend and into next week.”
Follow James Rogers on Twitter @jamesjrogers
- [LLODO] First blizzard of the season hits the Midwest
- [LLODO] Blizzard will bring heavy snow and strong winds to Upper Midwest
- [LLODO] Over 100,000 without power along Gulf Coast as winter weather brings dangerous conditions
- [LLODO] Storm in Southeast, Mid-Atlantic brings winter storm warnings, below-average temperatures
- [LLODO] West Coast sees rain, snow across the region; South sees thunderstorms
- [LLODO] Avalanche warning issued for parts of Utah after heavy snowfall
- [LLODO] Cooler temperatures in the Southeast and Florida, active weather in the West
- [LLODO] Georgia Senate race weather forecast: What to expect on Election Day
- [LLODO] Winter storm to bring mix of snow, freezing rain to Midwest and eastern US to kick off New Year