When police officers in Arlington, Texas, asked a homeless woman if they could do “anything” for her, she replied, “I just need a prayer.”
So they did just that.
“Oh, we can hook you up with that,” Officer Cory Urlacher said before leading a prayer for the woman, who was living out of her car, with fellow officers Leonard Moon and Dominque Baker.
“I ask that you bless her in ways that are unknown to me and help her grow financially and be taken care of and be blessed by you every single day,” the officer said in his prayer.
Urlacher was patrolling his beat area on March 5 when he noticed a vehicle with an unreadable paper tag and made a traffic stop, Arlington PD Media Coordinator Tim Ciesco told Fox News.
“The woman driving the vehicle told him she was working on getting the tag situation fixed and explained that she was in a transitionary period in her life. It became very clear to Officer Urlacher that she was living out of her vehicle – and so as you hear in his body cam video, he tells her he’s not concerned about a paper tag,” Ciesco said.
Urlacher’s primary concern is getting bad people off the streets and doing when he can to help his community.
The Arlington Police Department has a weekly video series called “APD Body Worn Camera of the Week” that aims to highlight positive encounters between civilians and police officers that happen “on a regular basis,” the Department told Fox News.
“So we featured this particular body cam video this week,” Arlington PD Media Coordinator Tim Ciesco said.
Police also connected the woman to housing and food resources.
- [LLODO] Texas House moves forward with no-permit carry bill
- [LLODO] San Antonio police shoot, kill gunman at airport terminal
- [LLODO] Suspect captured in shooting of Texas police officer during traffic stop
- [LLODO] San Antonio airport on lockdown, police confirm shooting
- [LLODO] Texas dad drowns while saving two sons from riptide: ‘My soul has been ripped from my body,’ wife says
- [LLODO] Texas police officer shot multiple times during traffic stop
- [LLODO] Texas Rep. Kevin Brady, top Republican on powerful Ways and Means committee, to retire from Congress
- [LLODO] Texas Gov. Abbott warns border woes ‘will get worse,’ points to ‘bipartisan response’ to Biden admin
- [LLODO] Texas Gov. Abbott sends letter to VP Harris demanding migrant facility shutdown