Starlyn and bill Cafferata uploaded a video of the reunion with their children to social media platform TikTok, with the video liked over 82,000 times.
Starlyn Cafferata gave birth on Jan. 18 to a boy and three girls in St. David’s Austin Medical Center. As the children were born prematurely at 31 weeks, they were admitted to the hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
The winter storm that struck Texas shortly afterward prevented Starlyn and her husband, Bill, from seeing their children for eight days.
“You have quadruplets and that’s crazy odds. Then you have a blizzard in Texas that freezes over for eight days,” Bill told FOX Television Stations.
“It was tough. You want to be with them,” Bill added. “We missed their one-month birthday.”
Once the ice started to melt, the couple were emotionally reunited with their children. One week for such young children is a long time, and Starlyn said the children had all “grown so much” by the time she saw them again.
“Eight days was an eternity, honestly, in newborn mom life,” Starlyn said. “It’s just been a crazy, crazy experience.”
The couple did not expect the video of their reunion to receive so much attention.
“We did it out of boredom, woke up and the next day we had 12,000 followers,” Bill shared. “Before we knew it, it just kept climbing.”
The couple were able to bring two of the children home to meet their 2-year-old sister, Zoe, while the other two required a longer stay at the NICU.
- [LLODO] San Antonio police shoot, kill gunman at airport terminal
- [LLODO] Texas House moves forward with no-permit carry bill
- [LLODO] Suspect captured in shooting of Texas police officer during traffic stop
- [LLODO] San Antonio airport on lockdown, police confirm shooting
- [LLODO] Texas dad drowns while saving two sons from riptide: ‘My soul has been ripped from my body,’ wife says
- [LLODO] Texas police officer shot multiple times during traffic stop
- [LLODO] Texas Rep. Kevin Brady, top Republican on powerful Ways and Means committee, to retire from Congress
- [LLODO] Texas Gov. Abbott warns border woes ‘will get worse,’ points to ‘bipartisan response’ to Biden admin
- [LLODO] Texas Gov. Abbott sends letter to VP Harris demanding migrant facility shutdown