Pano Michael Dupree, 58, allegedly grabbed his girlfriend by the neck and hair at Ashley Lanes on Sam Rittenberg Bouelvard on March 19.
He faces charges of third-degree assault and battery, arrest records show.
A booking photo appears to show some of the damage the intervening woman did – he’s got a black eye, cuts and bruises across his face.
Witnesses told police that prior to the incident, a man walked into the bowling alley and began arguing with a woman, WCSC reported. Then he allegedly placed her in a chokehold and yanked her hair.
An unknown woman ran over and punched Dupree in the face, according to the police report.
He dropped to the floor, allegedly taking a chunk of the victim’s hair along the way. He was still on the ground by the time police arrived, according to WCSC.
Authorities took him to a hospital for treatment and placed him under arrest there. He was released on $1,087 bond and is due back in court May 5.
- [LLODO] Inside the SC home where Army drill sergeant fled after BLM surrounds
- [LLODO] BLM activist protests without mask at Pentland home, says he has COVID, video shows
- [LLODO] Who is Jonathan Pentland? South Carolina Army drill sergeant charged in viral altercation with Black man
- [LLODO] South Carolina Army sergeant leaves home amid ‘violent’ BLM protests; Army officials say review continues
- [LLODO] South Carolina Army general reviewing viral video says focus is on doing ‘the right thing the right way’
- [LLODO] Army drill sergeant charged over viral video involving Black man
- [LLODO] Army probing video of Black man harassed by soldier
- [LLODO] South Carolina shooting: Phillip Adams’ motivation remains mystery as police reveal 911 calls
- [LLODO] South Carolina shooting leaves doctor, family members dead; suspect nabbed