Skateboarding star Nyjah Huston is reportedly facing a charge of creating a nuisance in Los Angeles amid the city’s investigation into parties that were deemed possible coronavirus superspreader events.
Huston was one of four people charged with organizing a house party amid the pandemic in recent months, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday. Huston’s alleged party took place in the Fairfax district of the city where police have shut down several parties since the fall. The owner of the home was also charged.
Officers dispersed about 40 people from the home after a complaint came in about a party happening at a “social media influencer residence,” LAPD Capt. Sharon Paulson said. The home previously had parties shut down in September and October, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Huston is a world-renowned American skateboarder. He has won four gold medals at the World Skateboarding Championship and 12 gold medals at the X-Games.
The Los Angeles Times noted that Huston has had issues with law enforcement in the past over house parties.
In 2019, he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of disturbing the peace stemming from a 2017 party in Los Angeles. He received noise violations in 2014 as well for parties at his Orange County home.
Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer told the newspaper that all who were charged were “connected to properties where we allege that large indoor parties were held in violation of public health orders.”
- [LLODO] High school girls basketball game erupts in brawl as referee gets body slammed by spectator, punched by player
- [LLODO] High school hoops coach killed in drug cartel shootout in North Carolina
- [LLODO] States offering to host MLB All-Star Game have some voting restrictions similar to Georgia’s
- [LLODO] Hank Aaron’s grandson slams Kelly Loeffler over tweet on All-Star Game
- [LLODO] Colorado is latest to weigh ban on Native American mascots
- [LLODO] Massachusetts HS football coach fired over team’s use of anti-Semitic language in play calls
- [LLODO] Massachusetts HS football team accused of using anti-Semitic language in play calls: report
- [LLODO] California high school football player who collapsed during game has died, officials say
- [LLODO] Oklahoma girls basketball state champs speak out against announcer after racist rant caught on hot mic