The Monroe County District Attorney’s office told Fox News that the boys – ages 16 and 14 – were indicted on second-degree murder, two counts of fourth-degree arson and second-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
The 14-year-old is being charged as a juvenile. Both have pleaded not guilty. Fox News does not name underage criminal suspects.
Steven Amenhauser, 53, was doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire while he sat in a chair in his Rochester apartment on March 12. He suffered second-and third-degree burns to more than 70% of his body.
He later died at a hospital. The teens were taken into police custody after giving authorities false names, officials said last week.
Investigators were working to determine a motive for the alleged attack. Authorities said Amenhauser said he knew the teens and was a vulnerable individual, the Democrat & Chronicle reported.
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] Grand jury in Daniel Prude death voted 15-5 to clear 3 cops
- [LLODO] NYC murder suspect mistakenly released more than a month ago finally caught again
- [LLODO] ‘It hurts us all’: Vigil held for employees slain during FedEx shooting
- [LLODO] California mom who confessed to killing her kids said she ‘social justice warrior’ against human trafficking
- [LLODO] Father of teen busted with AK-47 in Times Square was killed in police shootout
- [LLODO] California mother accused of killing children admits to drowning them in shocking jailhouse confession
- [LLODO] Kyle Rittenhouse donations came from police, public officials: report
- [LLODO] Mother of Daunte Wright’s son, 2, ‘really hurt’ because he doesn’t have a father after fatal police shooting