GONZALES: This humanitarian crisis is getting worse by the minute. I’ve been sounding the alarm, I will continue to push the administration to act. This is what is happening on the ground: Leader McCarthy and I visited El Paso on Monday, Secretary Mayorkas just visited yesterday. That facility now has 983 unaccompanied minors. They used to receive two flights per day from the Rio Grande Valley. Now they receive one flight – 135 migrants. That other flight, it goes to San Diego. What is happening is this crisis is spreading.
I got notified about an hour ago from HHS that they are opening up a new unaccompanied minor facility in Peñitas, which is in my district out in west Texas. This facility is going to house between 500 to 2,000 unaccompanied minors. It appears they are targeting unused man camps. These are oil facilities where oil workers, temporary oil workers, are housed when they’re operating in the oil and gas industry. It is no end in sight.
- [LLODO] Abbott tells ‘The Story’ Biden admin ‘standing by’ while Texans are ‘terrorized’ by drug cartels
- [LLODO] Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis discusses legislation to strengthen police protection and prevent riots
- [LLODO] Tucker blasts Utah’s Republican governor for defense of ‘racist’ scholarship program
- [LLODO] Florida Governor Ron DeSantis discusses legislation to strengthen police protection and prevent riots
- [LLODO] Dana Loesch explodes on Adam Toledo’s absent guardians leading up to fatal shooting: Where are the adults?
- [LLODO] Dog the Bounty Hunter calls for police to ‘take the lead out of the bullet,’ adopt less-lethal alternatives
- [LLODO] San Francisco parent slams California schools’ lag in reopening: ‘Zoom in a room’s a joke’
- [LLODO] Slain New Mexico police officer’s widow files wrongful death lawsuit, alleging DHS ‘botched’ operation
- [LLODO] Seattle business owner slams city officials for not doing anything to stop graffiti vandals