The 11-year-old was shot once in the neck and died at a hospital. The 14-year-old boy who survived was shot twice — once in the arm and once in the ankle — and was in stable condition at a hospital, according to pollice.
Further details about his condition weren’t immediately available.
No arrests had been made as of late Friday, police said. The names of the victims weren’t immediately available.
No weapon was recovered from the scene in northeast Philadelphia’s Oxford Circle neighborhood.
- [LLODO] Philadelphia bomb squad investigates massive house explosion
- [LLODO] Philadelphia shooting results in death of man working on video about city’s gun violence
- [LLODO] Lyft driver targeted in Philadelphia carjacking attempt shoots 14-year-old suspect, report says
- [LLODO] Man killed in Philadelphia mall shooting was stepson of local detective: DA
- [LLODO] Philadelphia mall’s food court turns into deadly shooting scene
- [LLODO] Philadelphia shooting near sports bar leaves at least 7 wounded, some critically: reports
- [LLODO] Philly deadly shooting at ‘pop-up party,’ police add reinforcements and hunt for suspects
- [LLODO] Philadelphia man shot and killed on prison grounds shortly after release, police say
- [LLODO] Pennsylvania man who spent years in prison sues over withheld evidence