The pre-teen, identified by CBS Philly as Sadeek Clark-Harrison, was killed shortly before 3 a.m. Sunday when a bullet shot through the crescent moon glass of the front door of his Frankford home, Philadelphia police said.
“What we know at this time is that there was a knock at the door. No descriptions of any persons at the door, one shot was fired,” said Deputy Commissioner Melvin Singleton following the shooting, according to the report. “We do have on the porch of the location one 9mm shell casing and that’s all we know at this particular point in time.”
Clark-Harrison was struck in the face, according to CBS. He died at the scene.
His mother, Lisa Clark, said she was home at the time and heard an adult male voice calling the boy’s name from outside the door, the outlet reported.
“‘Sadeek! Sadeek!’ she reportedly recalled hearing. “So, he was coming outside to answer the door because they were calling his name and he didn’t even open the door. He looked at the top of the door and they shot him through his eye.”
No arrests have been reported so far. Philadelphia police did not immediately respond to Fox News’s request for information.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- [LLODO] Philadelphia police searching for gunmen caught on video firing at least 20 shots at man on porch
- [LLODO] Philadelphia police ID second person of interest after Temple grad slain while walking dog
- [LLODO] Philadelphia girl, 9, dies after being shot
- [LLODO] 9-year-old girl dies after being shot in Philly
- [LLODO] Philadelphia suspect freed on dramatically reduced bail 2 weeks before Temple U grad slayed walking dog
- [LLODO] Defiant Mummers strut through South Philly despite parade cancellation
- [LLODO] Philadelphia nearing homicide record as 2020 comes to a close, report says
- [LLODO] Police release video of suspects in murder of 12-year-old boy, offer $20G reward
- [LLODO] Philadelphia customer walks in on robbery at takeout restaurant, shoots suspect dead: police