The FBI arrested a Pennsylvania police officer Friday for allegedly attending the riot at the nation’s Capitol on Jan. 6 after a video surfaced on his Facebook of him purportedly mobbing and pushing against police officers attempting to secure the building.
Officials said Joseph Fischer, a patrolman at North Cornwall Township Police Department, “bragged” on Facebook about breaching the Capitol building during a joint session of Congress to certify the election results for President Biden, in an event that left five people, including a Capitol police officer, dead.
The nearly 3-minute video posted online reportedly shows Fischer walking among a crowd of violent protesters. The video was accompanied by the caption, “Made it inside… received pepper balls and pepper sprayed. Police line was 4 deep.. I made it to level two…,” according to charging documents reviewed by Fox News.
At one point in the video, the recorder can be heard yelling “Charge!”
Toward the end of the recording, the recorder begins charging towards a line of police officers while appearing to shout “Hold the Line” and “Motherf—–s,” according to documents.
Investigators said Fischer’s Facebook account didn’t actually identify his real name, but a subpoena issued to the social media company was returned with information validating his true identity.
Fischer allegedly posted to his account that “entry into the Capital was needed to send a message that we the people hold the real power.”
Fischer also admitted to an unidentified person through a private message on Facebook that he had been confronted by his police chief at his department about his involvement in the riot, according to documents.
“I told him if that is the price I have to pay to voice my freedom and liberties which I was born with and thusly taken away then then must be the price,” Fischer reportedly wrote in the messages. “I told him I have no regrets and give zero s—s.”
A spokesperson for the North Cornwall Township Police Department did not respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
The FBI has arrested dozens of participants in the riot — many of whom were law enforcement officials or members of the military.
- [LLODO] Capitol security review to recommend additional officers, fencing: report
- [LLODO] Capitol police officer’s family says riot ‘trauma’ prompted suicide; seeks ‘line of duty’ designation
- [LLODO] Capitol Police chief: Intelligence suggests militias aim to ‘blow up’ building when Biden addresses Congress
- [LLODO] US Capitol riot suspect called ex-girlfriend ‘a moron’ and she went to feds the next day, officials say
- [LLODO] New York GOP leader who calls himself ‘Republican Messiah’ charged in Capitol riot
- [LLODO] Capitol police union slams ‘dysfunction’ at riot hearing as cops suffer crushed spinal discs, brain injuries
- [LLODO] Ex-NYPD cop beat police officer with flag pole at Capitol riot: feds
- [LLODO] Kansas man charged for alleged connection to Capitol riot: report
- [LLODO] Florida woman who allegedly threatened FBI agents in whiskey-fueled TikTok rant over Capitol riot arrested