An Oklahoma City corrections officer has been taken to the hospital after being held hostage on the 10th floor of the Oklahoma County Detention Center, Saturday afternoon according to local reporting.
A SWAT team was seen preparing to enter the detention facility after it was placed on lockdown as security officials attempted to gain control of the situation.
The officer is believed to have been giving medication to an inmate when he was attacked, tied up, and his keys taken away from him, according to local reporting by News 9.
In a series of videos filmed by one of the perpetrators holding the officer hostage, another man talks to the camera while watching over his shoulder.
“We can’t take showers,” the inmate on camera is heard saying above shouts coming from the floor below.
In another video, the man filming the incident is heard explaining the officer “Ain’t got nothing to do with this. He just so happens to be a product of the situation.”
Though the officer appears to be unharmed, at one point the on-camera inmate paces back and forth before coming to resting position next to the officer, and placing an unidentifiable object on the back of his neck.
Officers appeared to be monitoring the situation from the floor below.
The detention center has not yet responded to Fox News’ questions regarding the inmates or officer.
- [LLODO] San Antonio police officer shot in hand; 2 suspects dead, third injured
- [LLODO] California police bodycam footage captures homicide suspect firing at motorcycle officer
- [LLODO] Florida deputy hit by passing truck during traffic stop caught on camera
- [LLODO] Family of Tamir Rice pleads with Justice Department to reopen case into 12-year-old’s death
- [LLODO] Body of US Capitol Officer William Evans returns to Massachusetts hometown
- [LLODO] Murders soared as police ‘pulled back’ amid 2020 protests in major cities, report finds
- [LLODO] Iowa man accused in state trooper’s shooting death ran for sheriff
- [LLODO] Ben Crump: Police, especially in Minnesota, should be on ‘their greatest behavior’
- [LLODO] Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine distances himself from Rashida Tlaib ‘No more policing’ tweet