Rebecca Jean Rogers, 38, was shot multiple times and taken to a hospital where she succumbed to her wounds, police said, according to FOX 8 in Cleveland.
Diners at the Canton, Ohio, restaurant “took cover under tables” on Friday morning when the suspect, Richard James Nelson, 54, allegedly opened fire on Rogers, then ran out the back door, precipitating the manhunt.
“There was a history of domestic violence with the victim and the suspect in the past,” Canton police Chief Jack Angelo said, according to FOX 8. “This just shows how dangerous domestic violence is.”
He added that no one else was shot in the incident.
Nelson was caught in East Canton, south of Cleveland, and faces charges of aggravated murder. He was being held on a $2 million bond, according to WKYC-TV in Cleveland.
Nelson reportedly has previous felony convictions in the county, include for assault.
- [LLODO] Ohio shooting at Bob Evans restaurant; waitress dead, ex-boyfriend arrested: police
- [LLODO] Taking aim at ‘cancel culture,’ Gibbons jumps into Ohio Senate race
- [LLODO] Ohio woman accused of setting her home on fire after losing it to foreclosure
- [LLODO] Ohio paint factory blast, fire leave 1 missing, 8 injured, officials say; hazmat situation feared
- [LLODO] Cleveland mayor’s aide charged with rape, sexual battery of victim who was 17 when alleged abuse began
- [LLODO] Ohio student’s alcohol-related hazing death ruled accident
- [LLODO] Ohio paint factory blast, fire cause injuries, prompt evacuations, draw hazmat crew, officials say
- [LLODO] Ohio paint factory blast, fire cause injuries, draw hazmat crew, officials say
- [LLODO] Ohio’s new ‘stand your ground’ gun law takes effect Tuesday