At least seven injuries were reported, according to the Columbus Division of Fire.
The fire was reported at Yenkin Majestic Paint, part of the Yenkin-Majestic Paint Corp. The company was described as a family-owned and -operated coatings manufacturer.
Local residents posting on Twitter said they felt the blast in the homes.
“Powerful enough to shake my whole house,” one resident wrote.
“Something blew up in Columbus,” another wrote.
Photos taken by residents showed a large plume of smoke rising into the sky.
It was unclear if anyone was injured, WCMH-TV of Columbus reported. Crews were working to get the blaze under control.
- [LLODO] Taking aim at ‘cancel culture,’ Gibbons jumps into Ohio Senate race
- [LLODO] Ohio woman accused of setting her home on fire after losing it to foreclosure
- [LLODO] Ohio paint factory blast, fire leave 1 missing, 8 injured, officials say; hazmat situation feared
- [LLODO] Cleveland mayor’s aide charged with rape, sexual battery of victim who was 17 when alleged abuse began
- [LLODO] Ohio student’s alcohol-related hazing death ruled accident
- [LLODO] Ohio paint factory blast, fire cause injuries, prompt evacuations, draw hazmat crew, officials say
- [LLODO] Ohio’s new ‘stand your ground’ gun law takes effect Tuesday
- [LLODO] Ohio race: Another candidate jumps into the most competitive GOP Senate primary in the country
- [LLODO] Ohio’s Bowling Green State University cracks down on frat after ‘senseless’ death of student in alleged hazing