Dominic Allen was missing from late September 2020 until early December, when police found his body inside the home of his mother, Kenya Stallworth, 39, and her husband, Robert Robb, 35.
Police said the couple tried to seal off the room to stop the smell of Allen’s decomposing body.
A spokesperson for the Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office told Fox News Wednesday that it took DNA resting to identify Allen’s remains.
Once the identity was confirmed, prosecutors sought the murder indictment against Stallworth.
Stallworth has been in police custody since Dec. 5.
The couple was charged with felony abuse of a corpse in late March and held on $100,000 bail, but prosecutors at the time indicated more serious charges could be coming.
No new charges had been filed against Robb as of Wednesday evening.
Marcus Allen, the victim’s father, told Cincinnati-based FOX 19 that his son’s body may have shown signs of torture – a heinous act he had trouble understanding.
He gave the station a message for his son’s alleged killers.
“You all will get what you all got coming to you,” he said. “You all didn’t just take away my child. You took away the gift that God gave me. You took away my daughter’s best friend. You took away the nephew of all of my sisters and brothers. You all took him away from all of the people who loved him… and for what?”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] Grand jury in Daniel Prude death voted 15-5 to clear 3 cops
- [LLODO] NYC murder suspect mistakenly released more than a month ago finally caught again
- [LLODO] ‘It hurts us all’: Vigil held for employees slain during FedEx shooting
- [LLODO] California mom who confessed to killing her kids said she ‘social justice warrior’ against human trafficking
- [LLODO] Father of teen busted with AK-47 in Times Square was killed in police shootout
- [LLODO] California mother accused of killing children admits to drowning them in shocking jailhouse confession
- [LLODO] Kyle Rittenhouse donations came from police, public officials: report
- [LLODO] Mother of Daunte Wright’s son, 2, ‘really hurt’ because he doesn’t have a father after fatal police shooting