The New York Police Department’s Hate Crimes unit appealed to the public on Monday for information on a video posted on social media that captures a brutal beating inside a city’s subway car.
Police retweeted the video of the altercation that shows an unidentified assailant pummeling a person who was described as an Asian male. The video was taken aboard a Manhattan-bound J train.
GRAPHIC VIDEO WARNING
The video begins with an individual dressed in black quickly getting the upper hand and then landing punch after punch. Nobody on the train intervenes in the fight that ended with the man dressed in white appearing to be knocked unconscious.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo said in a statement, “These hateful acts of violence have no place in New York — period. The misguided rhetoric which has vilified Asian Americans throughout this pandemic is highly dangerous, and now we are seeing more and more painful real-life consequences.”
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] Grand jury in Daniel Prude death voted 15-5 to clear 3 cops
- [LLODO] NYC murder suspect mistakenly released more than a month ago finally caught again
- [LLODO] ‘It hurts us all’: Vigil held for employees slain during FedEx shooting
- [LLODO] California mom who confessed to killing her kids said she ‘social justice warrior’ against human trafficking
- [LLODO] Father of teen busted with AK-47 in Times Square was killed in police shootout
- [LLODO] California mother accused of killing children admits to drowning them in shocking jailhouse confession
- [LLODO] Kyle Rittenhouse donations came from police, public officials: report
- [LLODO] Mother of Daunte Wright’s son, 2, ‘really hurt’ because he doesn’t have a father after fatal police shooting