New York City Police are on the lookout for the attacker caught on video brutally beating a 65-year-old Asian woman who was on her way to church, according to reports.
The attack was brutal and was caught on surveillance video from inside a lobby in Midtown. The New York Post, citing police, reported that the suspect yelled anti-Asian statements while he beat the woman. Sources told the paper that the assailant yelled, “F—k you, you don’t belong here.”
The video appears to show the woman getting kicked in the stomach, which causes her to fall. The assailant proceeds to pummel her while she is on the ground, kicking her in the head and body. An individual described in reports as a security guard — seems unwilling to render aid to the woman, and instead closes the door after the attack.
Authorities told the Post that the woman was taken to NYU Langone Hospital with a fractured pelvis and is listed in stable condition. The attack is being investigated as a hate crime.
ABC 7 NY reported that the woman was on her way to church at the time of the assault.
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’
- [LLODO] Dalton headmaster quits while Brearley dad writes scathing letter
- [LLODO] New York City saw jumps in murders, shootings in March as police grapple with gun violence
- [LLODO] Derek Chauvin trial: NYPD has spent nearly a year preparing for verdict protests
- [LLODO] NYC school holding event on ‘raising our babies to value anti-racism’
- [LLODO] 4 suspected MS-13 gang members stopped after NYC police see them lugging blanket-wrapped body to car: sources
- [LLODO] Priest at helm of NYC’s prestigious Regis HS getting ousted over sex-misconduct claims
- [LLODO] New York men harassing, mocking NYPD cops in alarming video