A North Carolina man has been charged with more than 100 counts related to secret peeping and indecent liberties with a minor, authorities said.
Michael Justin Childers, 32, is being held under a $1.25 million secured bond after he was arrested Thursday following a monthslong investigation.
Childers faces 53 counts of felony secret peeping, 55 counts of felony possession of secret peeping material and nine counts of felony indecent liberties with a minor, investigators announced.
The Alexander County Sheriff’s Office commenced an investigation in December 2020, discovering numerous videos taken between 2016 and 2019.
The investigation started with Wittenburg Elementary School in Alexander County, but officials say the videos are not connected to the school.
Fox News reached out to the sheriff’s office for clarification or comment.
Childers will first appear in court on Monday, FOX 46 reported.
The probe, as well as a joint investigation by the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office and the Taylorsville Police Department, is ongoing.
- [LLODO] North Carolina woman arrested after child brings 260 grams of cocaine to elementary school: police
- [LLODO] Ex-Walmart employee slams car through store
- [LLODO] Hiker in North Carolina mountains largely unhurt after tumbling 1,000 feet
- [LLODO] North Carolina house-party shooting leaves at least 3 dead, 4 wounded: reports
- [LLODO] North Carolina sheriff releases 911 call in alleged road rage shooting
- [LLODO] North Carolina sheriff releases 911 call in alleged road-rage shooting
- [LLODO] North Carolina man arrested in fatal road-rage shooting of Pennsylvania mom of 6
- [LLODO] Western Carolina University housing coordinator warns RAs not to use ‘Christmas,’ ‘Easter’
- [LLODO] North Carolina police officer resigns over disturbing K-9 video