Anthony McPhail had been leaving a deli on his coffee break when he heard a woman scream that her 4-month-old son had stopped breathing.
Thinking of his grandchildren, McPhail rushed over and did CPR after he cleared the boy’s airway.
He’s a big believer in being ready – and he urges everyone to learn CPR.
“I’m not a hero. I just did it for the baby and the baby’s mother. If I could do it, I’d do it again and again. I’d like to thank the county and everybody else, but I’m not a hero. I just did it for the baby and the baby’s mother,” McPhail said.
Frank Miles is a reporter and editor covering geopolitics, military, crime, technology and sports for FoxNews.com. His email is Frank.Miles@foxnews.com.
- [LLODO] Ohio boy and his dog found abandoned at cemetery days before Christmas, community sends gifts to lift spirits
- [LLODO] Longest-surviving Pearl Harbor veteran to get post office named after him
- [LLODO] Couple uses deposit from canceled wedding to feed hundreds on Thanksgiving
- [LLODO] Alabama mail carrier surprises birthday boy with a gift
- [LLODO] Over 100 senior citizens in Delray Beach received free turkeys
- [LLODO] Minnesota woman’s Instagram post raises $4K tip for restaurant servers
- [LLODO] Michael Jordan gives $2M from ‘Last Dance’ to Feeding America
- [LLODO] Utah woman records struggling delivery driver, takes to social media to help him
- [LLODO] Ohio man tips $3K for beer before the restaurant closes over rising coronavirus cases