Omaha police officers responded to reports of shots fired at the Westroads Mall at noon, where they found a man with gunshot wounds near a JCPenny on the first floor
The victim was taken to the CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center – Bergan Mercy in critical condition where he later died, police said. A woman walked into another hospital with non-life threatening gunshot wounds.
She said she was shot during the mall shooting, police said. Investigators said the shooting did not appear to be random.
The suspects fled the mall and are being sought.
Police are searching the mall as a precaution and officials were asking people to stay away from the area. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is also responding to the scene, the agency said.
- [LLODO] Nebraska mall shooting leaves at least one critically injured, police launch manhunt for suspects
- [LLODO] Nebraska transformer fire, explosion prompt hotel evacuation: reports
- [LLODO] Omaha police officer recovering after getting shot twice in head, authorities say
- [LLODO] Omaha police officer shot at Westroads Mall, condition stable; suspect in custody
- [LLODO] Nebraska mom had sex with daughter’s teen, preteen friends at boozy sleepovers, jury finds
- [LLODO] Omaha police officer shot at Westroads Mall, in critical condition, authorities say
- [LLODO] Nebraska mayor’s doctor husband found dead in home: reports