At least one person was critically injured Saturday during a shooting at a Nebraska shopping mall, police said.
Omaha police responded to the Westroads Mall for a potential active shooter situation, KETV reported. The station said reports indicated the incident occurred near a JC Penny store.
Authorities said one person was taken to a hospital with critical injuries. The suspects fled the scene and are being sought, police said.
Police are searching the mall as a precaution and officials were asking people to stay away from the area. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is also responding to the scene, the agency said.
Calls and messages to the Omaha Police Department were not immediately returned.
- [LLODO] Nebraska mall shooting leaves man dead, woman injured, police launch manhunt for suspects
- [LLODO] Nebraska transformer fire, explosion prompt hotel evacuation: reports
- [LLODO] Omaha police officer recovering after getting shot twice in head, authorities say
- [LLODO] Omaha police officer shot at Westroads Mall, condition stable; suspect in custody
- [LLODO] Nebraska mom had sex with daughter’s teen, preteen friends at boozy sleepovers, jury finds
- [LLODO] Omaha police officer shot at Westroads Mall, in critical condition, authorities say
- [LLODO] Nebraska mayor’s doctor husband found dead in home: reports