A much quieter weather pattern this week will be welcome news for millions, especially across the South where record cold, snow and ice made life miserable.
Arctic air that spread as far south as the Gulf Coast last week is retreating quickly and more seasonal temperatures will settle in for much of the U.S.
Across the Northeast, a relatively weak system will bring a quick hit of rain and snow today.
Cities downwind of Lake Ontario could get over a foot of new snow while rain will be in the forecast along the East Coast.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms will be possible from Florida up into the Carolinas.
The Northwest is about to get very active as several rounds of heavy rain and mountain snow move in this week.
Feet of snow, strong winds and blizzard conditions will be possible over the Rockies.
Janice Dean currently serves as senior meteorologist for FOX News Channel (FNC). In addition, she is the morning meteorologist for FNC’s “FOX and Friends” (weekdays 6-9AM/ET). She joined the network in January 2004. She is the author of several books. Her latest is “Mostly Sunny” (Harper Collins, March 5, 2019) Click here for more information on Janice Dean.
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Rain, thunderstorms coming to the Southeast, snow for Northwest
- [LLODO] National forecast: Spring-like, warm temperatures are here, while parts of US see fire danger
- [LLODO] Southeast starting to dry out following days of rain, flooding
- [LLODO] Eastern US faces flash flooding risk, warmer-than-average temperatures
- [LLODO] Showers, thunderstorms to move through Southern and Eastern US
- [LLODO] Western US being hit with rain, mountain snow
- [LLODO] Temperatures are climbing in Texas and the South while parts of Northeast to see snow
- [LLODO] Temperatures are climbing in the South while parts of Northeast to see snow
- [LLODO] Texas to experience drier conditions, above-average high temperatures