Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know as you start your day …
MLB shifts All-Star Game to Denver after Georgia voting-law change
The Colorado Rockies will host the 2021 MLB All-Star Game after the decision to move the event from Atlanta over Georgia’s restrictive voting law, according to multiple reports.
ESPN and Altitude TV reported the game was going to be moved to Coors Field in Denver on July 13. Neither the Rockies nor MLB immediately responded to Fox News’ request for comment.
The Denver decision came three days after MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred announced the game would be leaving Georgia in response to mounting pressure over the Peach State’s Republican-backed election reform legislation recently signed by Gov. Brian Kemp. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
In other developments:
– ‘Woke’ MLB moving All-Star Game from 51% Black Atlanta to 76% White Denver, critics note
– FLASHBACK: Voter ID issues prompted Colorado to disqualify more than 21,000 ballots in 2016
– Georgia Gov. Kemp slams Stacey Abrams ‘biggest flip-flopper since John Kerry’ on Georgia boycotts
– Clay Travis blasts ‘ridiculous hypocrisy’ of MLB, Manfred after All-Star Game moved from Atlanta
– Sen. Rubio: MLB moving All-Star game from Georgia ‘reeks of hypocrisy’
– Rand Paul on MLB-Georgia controversy: ‘If they want to boycott us, let’s boycott them’
– Hannity: Biden ‘fueling vicious, divisive, racial rhetoric’ with lies about Georgia election law
Florida Gov. DeSantis blasts ’60 Minutes’ for ‘deceptively edited’ coronavirus report
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Monday that CBS’s long-running newsmagazine “60 Minutes” discredited itself by pushing a “political narrative” about his handling of the coronavirus vaccine rollout that ran counter to reality.
DeSantis said on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” that the “60Minutes” segment was “deceptively edited” to portray his state’s vaccination plan for older adults to be nothing more than paying back the Publix supermarket chain for being a corporate political donor.
The Lakeland, Florida-based grocer also slammed “60 Minutes,” calling the report “absolutely false and offensive.”
DeSantis said his deal with Publix had nothing to do with a six-figure political donation, and that several Florida Democrats came out in his defense and confirmed his account of the agreement. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– CBS goes dark on DeSantis, avoids mentioning ’60 Minutes’ report on morning, evening news programs
– Democratic Florida mayor defends DeSantis: ’60 Minutes should be ashamed’
– Critics blast ’60 Minutes’ for ‘false narrative’ that DeSantis engaged Publix in pay-for-play vaccine scheme
– Mainstream media parrots widely panned ’60 Minutes’ report on DeSantis, Publix without noting backlash
Democrats silent after Border Patrol nabs suspected terrorists at border
Democrats who downplayed the possibility of individuals on the FBI’s Terrorism Watch List coming across the border illegally have been silent about Border Patrol agents capturing suspected terrorists at the U.S.-Mexico border.
On Monday, U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced that Border Patrol agents had apprehended a Yemeni man at the southern border whose name was on the FBI’s Terrorism Watch List. It was the second Border Patrol arrest of a Yemini national with their name on the Terrorism Watch List in two months.
But neither U.S. Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., nor U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-Texas, would respond to Fox News about whether they regretted having downplayed the potential threat of terror suspects entering the U.S. via the southern border.
Both Democrats had taken shots at House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., who warned last month that individuals on the watch list from Middle Eastern countries were taking advantage of the border crisis to enter the U.S.
“When you go out to Monument 3 and you talk to those agents, it’s not just people from Mexico or Honduras or El Salvador, they are now finding people from Yemen, Iran, Turkey,” McCarthy said. “People on the terrorist watch list they are catching and they are rushing it all at once.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Majority of Americans disapprove of Biden handling of border crisis and immigration: poll
– Tucker Carlson: Biden administration lying to Americans, hiding key facts about the border crisis
– Arizona AG Brnovich invites VP Harris to tour border as crisis escalates
– Kamala Harris has gone 13 days without a news conference since being tapped for border crisis role
– Piers Morgan joins Fox Nation’s ‘Tucker Carlson Today’ on being ‘silenced’ for Markle furor, quitting GMB
– Eli Steele: Justice for George Floyd from honking horns?
– Suspected Portland firebomber arrested for trying to murder police officers
– Baylor beats Gonzaga for first NCAA men’s basketball championship
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Georgia Republicans request Coke products be banned from their offices
– Ruling opens door for Democrats to pass $2.2T Biden spending bill with just 50 votes: Schumer
– Winklevoss twins slam Facebook as their crypto business booms
– Tesla ‘green tidal wave’ to send stock to $1,000
– HGTV star Christina Haack selling home for $6M following divorce
– Manchin rejects Biden’s corporate tax hike
#The Flashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”
SOME PARTING WORDS
Greg Gutfeld, host of the new Fox late-night talk show, “Gutfeld!,” took aim at the myriad corporations involved in the controversy surrounding Georgia’s new election on the show’s initial broadcast Monday night.
“Look what’s happening to Delta,” he said. “They’re more scared of tweets than of birds flying into their engines. … Clearly these cowards got spooked by activists manipulating the media.
“Because how is voter ID immoral? And remember the All-Star voting process allows fans to vote five times over a 24-hour period. That’s ballot-stuffing – or in Chicago, Election Day.”
Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.
Fox News’ Go Watch page is now available, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Wednesday.
- [LLODO] Indianapolis FedEx shooting leaves at least 8 dead; suspect kills self: reports
- [LLODO] GOP’s Jim Jordan pans Democrats’ Supreme Court ‘packing’ proposal
- [LLODO] Minnesota unrest after Daunte Wright shooting death leads to 60 arrests, police say
- [LLODO] Protests erupt in Minnesota following Daunte Wright shooting
- [LLODO] Jordan blasts Biden administration policy preventing media access to migrant facilities
- [LLODO] Biden on Second Amendment gun rights: ‘No amendment is absolute’
- [LLODO] Biden presiding over ‘abuse of children’ at border, Texas Gov. Abbott claims
- [LLODO] Border-region terror suspects have GOP’s McCarthy sounding alarm
- [LLODO] Hunter Biden pleaded for dad’s help after affair with brother’s widow was leaked