A 53-year-old man died Saturday after jumping from the Staten Island Ferry into the chilly waters of New York Harbor, police said.
NYPD Harbor launch officers pulled the man out of the water after responding to reports of a jumper near the Whitehall Ferry Terminal in Manhattan at around 2 p.m.
“He jumped off the ferry as it pulled away from the dock,” an NYPD spokesman told The Post. He jumped off the Ferryboat Andrew J. Barberi, police said.
The unidentified victim was removed to Pier 11 and transported to New York-Presbyterian Hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after 3:10 p.m.
A newsstand worker said there were “about 50 or so emergency people” at Pier 11 following a valiant effort — which included CPR — to save the man’s life.
- [LLODO] Adam Toledo bodycam video will not be ‘immediately’ released after family request: COPA
- [LLODO] Virginia officer accused of force in stop of Black Army officer fired
- [LLODO] Armed naval officer reportedly kills himself after standoff in luxury Hawaii resort
- [LLODO] Spring breakers arrested for allegedly drugging, raping woman who later died
- [LLODO] Chinese propaganda program in US schools quietly changes headquarters name to avoid scrutiny
- [LLODO] Minneapolis to pay $27M to settle George Floyd family lawsuit
- [LLODO] Arizona police slap charges customers involved in Bath & Body Works brawl
- [LLODO] Utah teacher under investigation for tweet calling for killing of ‘Republican senators’