The suspect was wanted for alleged assault with a deadly weapon against a sheriff’s deputy, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s West Hollywood Division said, according to KCAL-TV in Los Angeles.
The suspect crashed their car into another driver at Third and Fairfax near the historic Original Farmers Market and the famed Grove shopping center. The intersection is also down the street from the CBS Television City where shows like “The Late Late Show with James Corden” and “The Price is Right” are filmed.
The innocent driver became trapped in their car after it ended up on the sidewalk between Citibank and a tree. Despite efforts by the Los Angeles Fire Department, the driver was pronounced dead at the scene, KCAL reported.
The suspect’s car caught fire but that person got out and was arrested and taken to a hospital with unspecified injuries.
Neither the suspect nor the other driver have been publicly identified. It was unclear what charges the suspect faces.
- [LLODO] Los Angeles mother arrested after three toddlers found stabbed to death
- [LLODO] Los Angeles mother taken into custody after three toddlers found stabbed to death
- [LLODO] Los Angeles children found stabbed to death, all under five years old; person of interest commits carjacking
- [LLODO] Los Angeles children found stabbed to death, all under three years old
- [LLODO] Los Angeles teen Lamborghini driver charged in crash that killed woman, 32
- [LLODO] LA teachers union, school district sued by parents claiming closures cause ‘personal injury’ to kids
- [LLODO] Los Angeles top prosecutor to erase gang unit, sources say
- [LLODO] LAPD SWAT officer shot in the face before gunman is killed in standoff, intense video shows
- [LLODO] LA County Metro increases police funding by $36 million