KNX1070 reported on the death Wednesday, after LAPD Newton officer Jose Anzora was hospitalized. “We all grieve […] at the loss of this guardian,” Police Chief Michel Moore reportedly said.
Moore had posted about the incident last week, with the LAPD describing “it as yet another stark reminder of the risks and sacrifice associated with the work done day and night by our dedicated officers.”
The department said the driver stopped and was cooperating with the investigation.
“The officer is receiving the best treatment possible and he is surrounded by experts and the love of his colleagues and family,” LAPD tweeted on Friday.
- [LLODO] Murders in Los Angeles up nearly 200%, violent crime rising at rapid pace, sheriff’s statistics show
- [LLODO] LA police hunt for suspects after pedestrian dies in 2 hit-and-runs
- [LLODO] California child protective agency declines to answer questions about mother accused of killing her 3 kids
- [LLODO] Los Angeles mother arrested after three toddlers found stabbed to death
- [LLODO] Los Angeles mother taken into custody after three toddlers found stabbed to death
- [LLODO] Los Angeles children found stabbed to death, all under five years old; person of interest commits carjacking
- [LLODO] Los Angeles children found stabbed to death, all under three years old
- [LLODO] Los Angeles teen Lamborghini driver charged in crash that killed woman, 32
- [LLODO] LA teachers union, school district sued by parents claiming closures cause ‘personal injury’ to kids