A Los Angeles mother was taken into custody Saturday afternoon after her three children — all younger than five years old — were found stabbed to death in a northwest Los Angeles apartment.
Officers were originally called to the horrifying scene around 9:30 a.m. PT.
Following the discovery of the stabbings, 30-year-old Liliana Carrillo allegedly carjacked a Silver Toyota pickup in the Bakersfield area, roughly 100 miles north of the scene, according to the LAPD.
Officers eventually apprehended Carillo around 2:30 p.m. PT in Ponderosa, about 180 miles north of where the crime took place in Reseda.
The bodies of the children, aged 3, 2, and 6 months old, were discovered by their grandmother when she returned home from work Saturday morning, the Los Angeles Times reports.
The motive is unclear at this time.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- [LLODO] California murderer accused of killing another woman weeks after probation ended
- [LLODO] LA mountain biker dangles from side of cliff, is rescued by helicopter
- [LLODO] Murders in Los Angeles up nearly 200%, violent crime rising at rapid pace, sheriff’s statistics show
- [LLODO] LA police hunt for suspects after pedestrian dies in 2 hit-and-runs
- [LLODO] California child protective agency declines to answer questions about mother accused of killing her 3 kids
- [LLODO] Los Angeles mother arrested after three toddlers found stabbed to death
- [LLODO] Los Angeles children found stabbed to death, all under five years old; person of interest commits carjacking
- [LLODO] Los Angeles children found stabbed to death, all under three years old
- [LLODO] Los Angeles teen Lamborghini driver charged in crash that killed woman, 32