It happened in a northwest Los Angeles apartment. The innocent bodies of the children, ages 3, 2 and 6 months, were discovered by their grandmother when she returned home from work Saturday morning, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Their mother, 30-year-old Liliana Carrillo, was arrested hours later in Tulare County, about 200 miles north of Los Angeles, after igniting a massive hunt.
Carrillo allegedly drove away from the scene in her car but ended up getting in an altercation where she then abandoned her car and carjacked another vehicle before she was eventually caught, Los Angeles police Lt. Raul Jovel said.
The LAPD confirmed Carrillo was “considered the sole suspect in this case.”
The three young children were all found brutally stabbed, FOX 11 in Los Angeles reports. But police issued no official cause of death.
Police were still working to determine a motive.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- [LLODO] California murderer accused of killing another woman weeks after probation ended
- [LLODO] LA mountain biker dangles from side of cliff, is rescued by helicopter
- [LLODO] Murders in Los Angeles up nearly 200%, violent crime rising at rapid pace, sheriff’s statistics show
- [LLODO] LA police hunt for suspects after pedestrian dies in 2 hit-and-runs
- [LLODO] California child protective agency declines to answer questions about mother accused of killing her 3 kids
- [LLODO] Los Angeles mother taken into custody after three toddlers found stabbed to death
- [LLODO] Los Angeles children found stabbed to death, all under five years old; person of interest commits carjacking
- [LLODO] Los Angeles children found stabbed to death, all under three years old
- [LLODO] Los Angeles teen Lamborghini driver charged in crash that killed woman, 32