Protests continued in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota; Chicago and elsewhere across the U.S. on Friday night as demonstrators call for justice following the fatal police shootings of Daunte Wright, Adam Toledo and others.
Wright was allegedly shot and killed Sunday by a Brooklyn Center police officer who has since resigned and been arrested and charged in the death.
Demonstrators have taken to the streets near the Brooklyn Center police station for six straight nights.
Nearby Minneapolis is also bracing for potential unrest as the Derek Chauvin murder trial comes to a close. Chauvin is the former Minneapolis police officer accused of killed George Floyd last May.
- Demonstrators have taken to the streets near the Brooklyn Center police station for six straight nights after the police shooting of Daunte Wright, 20.
- Chicago protesters are also calling for justice in the police pursuit shooting of 13-year-old Adam Toledo.
Protesters have also marched through the streets in Chicago after this week’s release of body camera footage of last month’s fatal police shooting of Adam Toledo, 13.
Follow below for the latest updates on the protests. Mobile users click here.
- [LLODO] Minnesota State Patrol updates guidance on reporters during protests: no use of force, no seizing cameras
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Protesters take to the streets Saturday night over police shootings
- [LLODO] North Carolina protesters start fire outside police headquarters, smash windows
- [LLODO] Riots, protests in Minnesota, Chicago, elsewhere in reaction to police shootings
- [LLODO] Daunte Wright shooting protests: More rioting, unrest as demonstrations spread further
- [LLODO] Daunte Wright protests: Crowd in Washington, DC, chants ‘burn the precinct to the ground,’ video shows
- [LLODO] Daunte Wright shooting aftermath: Anti-police protests, clashes in cities across America
- [LLODO] Who is Kimberly Potter, the cop involved in the Daunte Wright deadly shooting?
- [LLODO] Who is Kimberly Potter, the cop involved in the Daunte Wright deadly shooting