The boy, 11, was reportedly shot in the face around 8:30 p.m. while hunting alone just a couple of hundred yards from his home.
He was pronounced dead as a result of his injuries.
The manner of death remains under investigation. Christian County Coroner Scott Daniel told WKRN that the fatal wound appeared to be accidental and self-inflicted.
Officials have not identified the weapon involved in the incident.
Due to his age, the boy’s name has not been released.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- [LLODO] Simon & Schuster says it won’t distribute book by Louisville cop in deadly Breonna Taylor raid
- [LLODO] Louisville cop involved in deadly Breonna Taylor raid gets book deal
- [LLODO] Pushing a Kentucky ‘Green New Deal,’ Booker moves toward challenging Paul
- [LLODO] University of Kentucky mistakenly sends acceptance emails to 500K students, report finds
- [LLODO] Kentucky family surprised by extended visit from baby monkey
- [LLODO] Boy, 2, dies after eating fentanyl mom bought with stimulus check, cops say
- [LLODO] Kentucky Senate passes bill criminalizing protesters who ‘insult’ police
- [LLODO] Breonna Taylor: Prosecutors want trial of detective in shooting held in Louisville
- [LLODO] Kentucky bill would make it a crime to insult police officers