FBI agents took a Kansas man into custody on Monday for his alleged connection to last month’s riot at the Capitol, reports said.
Ryan Keith Ashlock, who lives in Gardner, was arrested after a warrant was issued by the United States Court District of Columbia, KMBC News reported. He faces several charges, including conspiracy and knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority.
KSHB reported that he appeared in a video conference and was appointed a public defender. He was told not to contact others allegedly tied to the riot.
The deadly incident on Jan. 6, led to dozens of arrests and former President Trump’s second impeachment trial.
- [LLODO] Capitol police officer’s family says riot ‘trauma’ prompted suicide; seeks ‘line of duty’ designation
- [LLODO] Capitol security review to recommend additional officers, fencing: report
- [LLODO] Capitol Police chief: Intelligence suggests militias aim to ‘blow up’ building when Biden addresses Congress
- [LLODO] US Capitol riot suspect called ex-girlfriend ‘a moron’ and she went to feds the next day, officials say
- [LLODO] New York GOP leader who calls himself ‘Republican Messiah’ charged in Capitol riot
- [LLODO] Capitol police union slams ‘dysfunction’ at riot hearing as cops suffer crushed spinal discs, brain injuries
- [LLODO] Ex-NYPD cop beat police officer with flag pole at Capitol riot: feds
- [LLODO] Florida woman who allegedly threatened FBI agents in whiskey-fueled TikTok rant over Capitol riot arrested
- [LLODO] Pennsylvania cop arrested in connection to Capitol riot, allegedly charged line of officers