FBI agents took a Kansas man into custody on Monday for his alleged connection to last month’s riot at the Capitol, reports said.
Ryan Keith Ashlock, who lives in Gardner, was arrested after a warrant was issued by the United States Court District of Columbia, KMBC News reported. He faces several charges, including conspiracy and knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority.
KSHB reported that he appeared in a video conference and was appointed a public defender. He was told not to contact others allegedly tied to the riot.
The deadly incident on Jan. 6, led to dozens of arrests and former President Trump’s second impeachment trial.
- [LLODO] Capitol rioter takes first public plea deal, agrees to cooperate with authorities: sources
- [LLODO] Capitol riot: IG to testify before Congress over blistering watchdog report on Jan. 6 security failures
- [LLODO] Capitol riot: Police officer won’t face charges in fatal shooting of Ashli Babbitt, prosecutors say
- [LLODO] Slain Capitol Officer William ‘Billy’ Evans lies in honor at Rotunda
- [LLODO] Slain Capitol Officer William ‘Billy’ Evans to lie in honor at Rotunda
- [LLODO] ‘Clear the Capitol,’ Pence pleaded, timeline of riot shows
- [LLODO] Suspect in Capitol riot allegedly ‘severely beaten’ by DC jail guards
- [LLODO] Capitol officer remembered for humor, paying ultimate price
- [LLODO] Capitol police officer who survived fatal car-ramming attack released from hospital as motive remains unclear