A reward of up to $1,000 is being offered for any information that leads investigators to the people who stole the dog, named Bugsy, shortly after 9:15 p.m. on March 25 in Hiawassee, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said.
The victim told police he was walking Bugsy around that time when a car pulled up. A suspect exited the vehicle, which then passed the victim “and stopped around the corner out of sight,” police said.
The suspect walked up to the victim, pointed a gun at him and ordered him to hand over his dog, police said. He then ran off and got back into the vehicle, which police described as a silver sedan.
The bulldog is tan in color with a darker snout and appears to have a skin tag behind its right ear, according to photos provided by police.
Police described two suspects: a man who was possibly in his 20s and approximately 6-foot-1, who wore a white hoodie and a white face mask, blue jeans and white sneakers; and a woman with medium to dark skin and long, straight hair.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.
- [LLODO] Mom of four killed when neighbor’s gun accidentally goes off
- [LLODO] Florida beachgoers form human chain to save swimmer from rough Gulf surf
- [LLODO] Florida driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Daytona Beach drawbridge
- [LLODO] Florida dad took infant daughter on meth run to get ‘lit’ with friends, police say
- [LLODO] Florida burglary suspect held down by neighbors until cops arrive, police say
- [LLODO] Missing Florida girl, 11, found at home of 22-year-old ‘boyfriend’; suspect facing child sex abuse charges
- [LLODO] Florida teen electrocuted following car crash ID’d as high school senior, JROTC cadet lieutenant, report says
- [LLODO] Who is Joel Greenberg? Florida tax collector facing federal charges is key figure in Matt Gaetz case
- [LLODO] Teenager dies when electrocuted during Florida storm