A former California Democratic mayor was arrested Saturday morning on six charges, including suspected sex with a child aged 14 or 15.
Sebastopol Police Chief Kevin Kilgore said that on March 30 police received information of alleged sexual assaults committed by former Mayor Robert Jacob in the city between December 2019 and March 2021.
“Right now that investigation is ongoing for a determination as to the number of victims,” Kilgore said, according to the Press Democrat.
Jacob, 44, is being held without bail at Sonoma County Main Adult Detention Facility on suspicion of five felonies and a misdemeanor. The charges include sex with a minor and transporting a minor for the purposes of having sex with them, distribution of child pornography and soliciting a minor for lewd purposes.
Jacob was the first marijuana entrepreneur to run a city, according to cannabis advocates.
- [LLODO] California parents rally in defense of teacher recorded berating students over push for in-person learning
- [LLODO] California shooting at Fresno mall prompts manhunt for suspects
- [LLODO] California shooting at Fresno mall prompts manhunt for 2 suspects
- [LLODO] California standoff ends after 5 hours with arrest of slain woman’s estranged husband: reports
- [LLODO] California Highway Patrol dog helps uncover 81 pounds of meth, 11 pounds of fentanyl tablets
- [LLODO] Kristin Smart case: No pleas entered for ‘prime suspect’ Paul Flores, father in first court appearance
- [LLODO] California ethnic studies pitch denounces US as a ‘parasitic system’ based on the ‘invasion’ of White settlers
- [LLODO] California gold rush town votes to remove controversial nickname and logo
- [LLODO] California promotes ‘dismantling racism in mathematics’ guidance in draft for statewide framework