The drugs were contained inside a floating bale and were valued at over $1.5 million, according to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office.
The snorkeler alerted authorities to the find.
The snorkeler “noticed a large black bundle wrapped in tape & contacted local authorities,” Chief Border Patrol Agent Thomas Martin wrote on Twitter.
Border Patrol agents responded and retrieved the drugs.
- [LLODO] Possible tornado moves toward Florida capital
- [LLODO] Florida police union gets ‘major victory’ as appeals court rules some officers’ identities can be shielded
- [LLODO] Florida street racer gets 24 years for crash that killed mother, toddler: report
- [LLODO] Miami Beach ends earlier spring break curfew, will observe late-night restrictions until next week
- [LLODO] WATCH: Florida police capture 10-foot alligator found beneath car in Tampa
- [LLODO] Gaetz’s alleged extorter confirms he wanted $25M, denies shakedown
- [LLODO] Alcee Hastings, Democratic congressman from Florida, dead at 84
- [LLODO] Florida sheriff evacuates hundreds of inmates amid potential plant collapse
- [LLODO] Ex-Gaetz staffer says FBI approached him with ‘baseless’ allegations, pushes back against DOJ probe