The man was carrying a Bible and knocking on doors Wednesday at the Sunshine Garden Apartments when he was shot, Pembroke Pines police Major Al Xiques told the South Florida SunSentiniel.
The man was taken to a hospital in critical condition, police said. The newspaper reported that officers found the man bleeding and on the ground.
Police said officers were already on their way to investigate calls about a naked man at the complex when a 911 caller said he had just shot the man.
“He wanted to surrender himself to police,” Xiques said. “He was detained by police and is being questioned.”
The identities of the man and the person who turned himself in were not immediately released.
- [LLODO] Cheney calls Gaetz allegations ‘sickening,’ stays mum on calls for resignation
- [LLODO] Teenager dies when electrocuted during Florida storm
- [LLODO] Possible tornado moves toward Florida capital
- [LLODO] Florida police union gets ‘major victory’ as appeals court rules some officers’ identities can be shielded
- [LLODO] Florida street racer gets 24 years for crash that killed mother, toddler: report
- [LLODO] Miami Beach ends earlier spring break curfew, will observe late-night restrictions until next week
- [LLODO] WATCH: Florida police capture 10-foot alligator found beneath car in Tampa
- [LLODO] Gaetz’s alleged extorter confirms he wanted $25M, denies shakedown
- [LLODO] Alcee Hastings, Democratic congressman from Florida, dead at 84