A man has died after jumping from a Florida resort balcony with a parachute, police said, according to reports on Sunday.
The unidentified man reportedly jumped from the 14-floor balcony at the Sunrise Beach Resort in Panama City Beach, WMBB reported.
Authorities said the man was BASE jumping and his parachute didn’t open in time, according to the station.
Officials believe the man was in his 20s, Panama City’s WJHG-TV reported. It’s not clear if he was an out-of-state resident.
Panama City Beach, a popular spring break destination, is located about 100 miles southwest of Tallahassee.
- [LLODO] Mom of four killed when neighbor’s gun accidentally goes off
- [LLODO] Florida beachgoers form human chain to save swimmer from rough Gulf surf
- [LLODO] Florida driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Daytona Beach drawbridge
- [LLODO] Florida dad took infant daughter on meth run to get ‘lit’ with friends, police say
- [LLODO] Florida burglary suspect held down by neighbors until cops arrive, police say
- [LLODO] Missing Florida girl, 11, found at home of 22-year-old ‘boyfriend’; suspect facing child sex abuse charges
- [LLODO] Florida teen electrocuted following car crash ID’d as high school senior, JROTC cadet lieutenant, report says
- [LLODO] Who is Joel Greenberg? Florida tax collector facing federal charges is key figure in Matt Gaetz case
- [LLODO] Teenager dies when electrocuted during Florida storm