A 5-year-old girl remains in critical but stable condition after being rushed to the hospital with severe head trauma and bite marks on her body, police said.
Officers from the St. Petersburg Police Department arrested 33-year-old William Green on Monday and charged him with two counts of aggravated child abuse with great bodily harm.
Police responded to a house in Florida at nearly 2 a.m. where Fire & Rescue personnel were called to attend to a child with a severe head injury.
The girl had scarring all over her body and fresh injuries that required surgery, authorities said.
Green was the only adult caregiver in the home during the time the child was injured and there were no other children in the house.
The location of the crime and the relationship of the victim to the suspect remain confidential under Florida statute.
- [LLODO] Florida teen electrocuted following car crash ID’d as high school senior, JROTC cadet lieutenant, report says
- [LLODO] Who is Joel Greenberg? Florida tax collector facing federal charges is key figure in Matt Gaetz case
- [LLODO] Teenager dies when electrocuted during Florida storm
- [LLODO] Cheney calls Gaetz allegations ‘sickening,’ stays mum on calls for resignation
- [LLODO] Possible tornado moves toward Florida capital
- [LLODO] Florida police union gets ‘major victory’ as appeals court rules some officers’ identities can be shielded
- [LLODO] Florida street racer gets 24 years for crash that killed mother, toddler: report
- [LLODO] Miami Beach ends earlier spring break curfew, will observe late-night restrictions until next week
- [LLODO] WATCH: Florida police capture 10-foot alligator found beneath car in Tampa