Hermilo Jazmines, 74, of Lutz, was found by a law enforcement dive team submerged in the water near his putter, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Investigators say the evidence suggests Jazmines may have fallen into the water and drowned,” authorities said. “Deputies spoke with friends of Jazmines who say he likes to search the course for lost golf balls.”
Jazmines was playing golf with a friend at the East Lake Woodlands Country Club in Oldsmar Sunday morning when investigators said he teed off at the third hole and was last seen “looking for his ball near the green.”
Deputies were called after Jazmines was reported missing. They searched a nearby wooded area and assisted the Oldsmar Fire Department in searching the edge of the pond.
“Jazmines’ golf cart was parked on the cart path and his putter was found lying on the ground near the water,” the sheriff’s office said.
Authorities said the medical examiner’s office will conduct an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death, “however, it does not appear to be suspicious at this time.”
Oldsmar is located about 15 miles northwest of Tampa.
- [LLODO] Possible tornado moves toward Florida capital
- [LLODO] Florida police union gets ‘major victory’ as appeals court rules some officers’ identities can be shielded
- [LLODO] Florida street racer gets 24 years for crash that killed mother, toddler: report
- [LLODO] Miami Beach ends earlier spring break curfew, will observe late-night restrictions until next week
- [LLODO] WATCH: Florida police capture 10-foot alligator found beneath car in Tampa
- [LLODO] Gaetz’s alleged extorter confirms he wanted $25M, denies shakedown
- [LLODO] Alcee Hastings, Democratic congressman from Florida, dead at 84
- [LLODO] Florida sheriff evacuates hundreds of inmates amid potential plant collapse
- [LLODO] Ex-Gaetz staffer says FBI approached him with ‘baseless’ allegations, pushes back against DOJ probe