Nathan Apodaca left his rental cars in a parking garage — and now he’s out $4,000 in credit cards, checks and personal items.
Apodaca, whose viral skateboarding video last year helped revive a 1970s song called “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac – and spark sales of raspberry-cranberry juice in the process – is dealing with a setback following a trip to San Francisco with his family last week.
His family lost about $4,000 in credit cards, checks and other personal items when crooks broke into their two rental vehicles, TMZ reported.
The crime happened in San Francisco’s Twin Peaks neighborhood, a known hotspot for robberies, according to KRON-TV of San Francisco.
On Wednesday, city Supervisor Rafael Mandelman wrote on Twitter that a local reporter was robbed in the area at gunpoint while working on a story about vehicle break-ins.
Last year, a vehicle breakdown spurred Idaho resident Apodaca to climb on his skateboard and create his “Dreams” video – which has since gone on to draw more than 80 million views, according to KRON.
The video inspired scores of tribute videos – including from Fleetwood Mac members Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.
Following lots of free publicity for its juice, Ocean Spray gifted Apodaca with a pickup truck – which he later exchanged for a different vehicle.
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] Grand jury in Daniel Prude death voted 15-5 to clear 3 cops
- [LLODO] NYC murder suspect mistakenly released more than a month ago finally caught again
- [LLODO] ‘It hurts us all’: Vigil held for employees slain during FedEx shooting
- [LLODO] California mom who confessed to killing her kids said she ‘social justice warrior’ against human trafficking
- [LLODO] Father of teen busted with AK-47 in Times Square was killed in police shootout
- [LLODO] California mother accused of killing children admits to drowning them in shocking jailhouse confession
- [LLODO] Kyle Rittenhouse donations came from police, public officials: report
- [LLODO] Mother of Daunte Wright’s son, 2, ‘really hurt’ because he doesn’t have a father after fatal police shooting