In a joint operation with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI), agents are probing targeted threats made against Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and members of his team, Deputy Secretary of State Jordan Fuchs confirmed to Forbes, without detailing the threats.
“The GBI has information of possible threats. We are in the process of investigating any such statements directed at Georgia officials to determine their credibility,” GBI said in a statement, according to local news anchor Rahul Bali.
The confirmation came a day after the Peach State’s voting system manager, Gabriel Sterling, complained of threats being made against him.
“So this is fun … multiple attempted hacks of my emails, police protection around my home, the threats,” Sterling, a Republican, tweeted Saturday.
Despite calling himself a “proud” supporter of President Trump, Raffensperger has also found himself repeatedly under attack over the handling of the state’s election process after declaring Joe Biden the victor after a hand recount.
“Georgia’s voting system has never been more secure or trustworthy,” the Republican insisted in an op-ed in The Washington Post Saturday, complaining about “unfounded” criticism of the local system.
The threats came as Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs said last week that she’s received “ongoing and escalating” threats of violence in the aftermath of Biden’s presidential win.
This article first appeared in the New York Post.
- [LLODO] GOP Sen. Lankford apologizes to Black constituents for efforts to contest election
- [LLODO] Sen. Hawley blasts ‘hypocritical’ Democrats over election count objection, points to Bush race
- [LLODO] No fraud found in Cobb County signature audit: Raffensperger says
- [LLODO] Michigan State House closes over safety concerns before Electoral College meeting: report
- [LLODO] Cheney, Buck lead House resolution backing Trump legal efforts: ‘Must protect the integrity of our elections’
- [LLODO] Texas GOP Rep. Chip Roy isn’t joining election lawsuit – here’s why
- [LLODO] Top Republican on Wisconsin election committee mum on who carried state: report
- [LLODO] Trump touts Texas Supreme Court case as ‘the big one,’ says ‘we will be intervening’
- [LLODO] Georgia county voting tech alleges ‘disturbing’ mishandling of ballots