A weary and haggard-looking New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was photographed Friday in a blanket carrying a bottle and talking on the phone outside of the governor’s mansion, as pressure escalated on him to resign over allegations of sexual misconduct directed at multiple women.
As Cuomo entered the weekend, he faced fresh allegations of inappropriate conduct and a impeachment investigation by the State Assembly — quite a shift from the Emmy-winning politician who published a best-selling book last year.
The timely photo provided fodder for many on social media.
Earlier on Friday, Cuomo maintained his innocence to reporters and declined to resign.
Regardless, calls for his resignation have come from a majority of the state’s House delegation, both of the state’s U.S. senators, and a majority of the state Assembly.
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s ‘New York Tough’ slogan seems mocked as ‘NY Touch’ in light display
- [LLODO] Gunning for Cuomo, Lee Zeldin rakes in big bucks on Day One
- [LLODO] NY Rep. Zeldin launches 2022 gubernatorial campaign amid Cuomo controversies
- [LLODO] Cuomo administration tracked nursing home deaths despite claims they couldn’t be ‘verified,’ document shows
- [LLODO] Cuomo accuser gives details of alleged groping incident: ‘He slammed the door’
- [LLODO] Cuomo grilled about reports of family getting COVID testing priority
- [LLODO] Cuomo accuser gives details of alleged groping incident: ‘He slammed to door’
- [LLODO] Cuomo uses vaccine presser to cite year from ‘hell’ over personal scandals
- [LLODO] Cuomo pressed on decision to hold public events without media members amid ongoing controversies